Xiaomi sees a bright overseas future after being removed from the U.S. blacklist
Experts said that Chinese smartphone manufacturer Xiaomi (Xiaomi) blacklisted from the US Department of Defense. Further demonstrating that the US government’s sanctions against Chinese companies are groundless.
Wang Peng, an associate professor at the Hillhouse Institute of Renmin University of China said: This divestment shows that the restrictions imposed by the US government on Chinese companies have no basis or support.
In the global market, a fair market order cannot interrupted for political reasons. On the global stage, win-win cooperation is always greater than difference.
On Tuesday, Xiaomi and the U.S. Department of Defense submitted a joint status report to a U.S. court, stating that Xiaomi and the U.S. Department of Defense have agreed to resolve a lawsuit that listed the company as a Chinese military company. The two parties negotiating on specific terms and then put forward a separate joint proposal before May 20.
When contacted by China Daily, Xiaomi declined to comment on the matter.
Earlier this year, Xiaomi and eight other Chinese companies were blacklisted by the U.S. government for suspected links with the Chinese military. Xiaomi sued the U.S. Department of Defense and Treasury in January.
In March of this year, U.S. District Judge Rudolph Contreras temporarily suspended these restrictions. However, The U.S. move “arbitrary and capricious” and would not allow the company to enjoy due process rights.
Chinese Ministry of Commerce spokesman Gao Feng said on Thursday that China has always believed that lifting sanctions on Chinese companies will benefit China, the United States and the rest of the world.
Ding Jihua, a compliance expert of the China Council for the Promotion of International Trade. The removal of the blacklist has strengthened Xiaomi’s confidence in further expanding overseas markets. Furthermore, provide consumers with more cost-effective and high-quality electronic products.
A report by the market consulting company Antpoint shows that in the first quarter of this year
Xiaomi accounted for 35% of the total Spanish smartphone market, surpassing South Korean giant Samsung and American technology giant Apple, accounting for 34% and 14% of the market respectively.
Globally, it has become the third largest smartphone brand after Samsung and Apple. Xiaomi said that in the first quarter of this year, its global smartphone shipments increased by 62% to 49 million units.
Ding Guangen said: “Chinese companies should also strengthen compliance management and protect themselves through compliance in order to steadily advance on the road of globalization with global economic and political uncertainties.